The #1 WINTER SEASON Question asked by customers:
Question: My product arrived frozen. Is it still OK to use?
Yes. Just allow the bottle to thaw at room temperature. Keep the bottle indoors during the winter to keep from refreezing. If the product is frozen and thawed multiple times, it will become damaged, and very hard to work with.
The #1 Question asked by customers:
Question: What's the difference between the Ultra-Ion™ waterless car wash and the 'Classic'?
Answer: The "Classic" is the same formulation that's been around for nearly 20 years. It's green in color, and contains a proprietary 'molecular' formula which contains over 50 ingredients. The "Classic" requires no cure time.
The Ultra-Ion™ is a new formulation introduced in 2004, and is 'ionized'. The ionization does several things: First, it attacks organic material such as bugs, tree sap, and bird droppings better than the 'molecular' formula found in the "Classic". Also, since it's 'ionized', it has a slight positive charge, which tends to repel dust better than the 'Classic'.
The other difference with Ultra-Ion™ is that it requires a small amount of cure time. This means that upon application, the product should be wiped in with a terry towel, then allowed to cure, or dry on the surface before buffing. The amount of cure time required varies depending on conditions, but normally, if you work your way around the vehicle by spraying and wiping in, by the time you get back to the panel you started on, you can then begin buffing. Ultra-Ion™ also give superior results on darker colored cars compared to the "Classic".
The #2 Question asked by customers:
Question: My AIRoSol Pump bottle stopped working. Can you help?
Answer: There are several things you can try to get the pump bottle working again. Also see our Common Pumper Issues Page.
Be sure that you've not overfilled the bottle with product.
- Correct fill level should be 75% product, 25% air.
- Do not Overfill!
- Not allowing a significant amount of air into the bottle will not allow it to pressurize fully and completely.
Be sure you've pressurized the bottle by using its cap to pump air into the bottle.
- Using cap, pump 10-15 times or until significant resistance is felt.
- Do not Overpressurize!
- Make sure the long white piston is not damaged.
- The very bottom of the piston seal should be continuous, with no rips or tears.
Be sure the bottle is holding pressure.
- Unscrew the collar after pumping 10 times.
- You should hear a pressure release from the bottle, which sounds like "Shhhhhh".
- If you do not hear the release of pressure, be sure the rubber gasket is not missing or damaged between the bottle and the white spray head.
Be sure the spray nozzle is not clogged.
- Remove the white spray head assembly from the bottle, and submerse in HOT water for approximately 30 minutes.
- Fill the bottle with HOT water, pressurize, and attempt to spray the HOT water.
- Spray until an uninterrupted and uniformly round spray pattern is achieved.
- Once cleared, allow the bottle to completely dry - usually overnight.
- To prevent clogging in the future, always clear the nozzle of product after each use. Clear the nozzle by holding it upside down, and spraying until all product has been released, and only air is emitted from the nozzle.
Be sure nozzle is not completely bottomed against spray head.
- There should be a small amount of clearance/movement in the tip of the spray nozzle and the head.
- If the nozzle will not move at all, use a small regular screwdriver to pry up the nozzle from the spray head.
If none of these tips and tricks seem to work, please call 403-563-8777 and explain the issue.
At Dri Wash Alberta, we take pride in our exceptional customer service. If you can't find what you're looking for on this page, contact us.